Friday 29 June 2012

Reading...


I LOVE READING!

I have been reading since I was really little and my favourite book was one about the Wombles. There was a tape that read it to you and I liked it so much that at the age of 2 I memorised the whole book!

Now I prefer murder mystery or adventure books. Some of my favourite authors include Marina Fiorato, Joanne Harris, Malorie Blackman and Eva Ibotson (her books aimed at teens).

Currently I am reading the Botticelli Secret. It is a book about a young girl who is a model for a painting by Botticelli, the famous artist of Renaissance Italy. She steals a miniature of the painting and suffers the consequences. Befriending an aristocratic monk, Brother Guido, she flees across Italy trying to uncover the secret of the painting before it is too late...

I am really enjoying this book as it has a really good use of mystery and is written so it really feels like you are in Renaissance Italy. I would definitely recommend it to my friends, though perhaps not to younger readers!

I read before I go to bed and often have trouble stopping! I often get lost in a good book...

3 comments:

  1. I used to love the Wombles too!! Although I can't remeber a tape.......? I don't really like murder much but I am trying to read more of a variety of books at the moment! Hope you enjoy reading the rest of your book, it sounds interesting!! :) Visit my blog hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, all that I can remember about my wombles book is that it involved sugar and a plant!

    ReplyDelete